THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

2010-06-08

The darker side of control - Prolouge

"Damn it. It's happening again. Why is he following me? I just looked at him for like 3 seconds, and now he's following me like a lost puppy. Why does this happen EVERY SINGLE TIME?"

Luckily, shuffling through people in busy places was her specialty. She'd been caught in this type of situation too many times.

"I think I've lost him."

She opened her compact and used the mirror to check her surroundings, another trick she learned from her estranged paranoid "military person" father. She didn't know and didn't quite care what her father actually did anyway, but the things he taught her did come in handy sometimes. The "puppy" was right on her tail. She shuffled through even more crowds, but he was still right behind her.

She reached the front door, made a call and waved towards someone. A 307 zoomed towards her. She went in, lowered the window and waited for the "puppy" to come. He looked so happy, almost running towards the car. Three more steps from the car, he stopped and continued trying to walk as manly as possible without looking too desperate.

"Lets go."

The 307 zoomed off.

"Thanks, you're a real lifesaver", she said to the driver while putting her shades on.

"This is the third time this month, you really are pushing your luck Arissa. I can't be there to save you every time this happens."

"Oh come on, can't I have a little fun? I didn't do it on purpose anyway. Anyways, I know you'll be there for me, Meera."

"Well, can't say I didn't enjoy seeing the look on his face when we zoomed off though. Come on, lets go home."

The silence was broken by Misz Nina's "Watcha Waitin' For?". Arissa picked up her phone.

"Hey, Meera. Can you take me to the base? He wants to see me."

"Him? Why?"

"Something about my 21st birthday."

"You mean the time when "that" happened?"

"Don't know. Maybe he just misses me, hehe." Arissa said cheekily.

Arissa knew too well that it wasn't the case. She knew that what happened on that fateful day would eventually reach him, she just didn't expect it to be this soon. She just braved a smile, as she was going to face the person she called "father".


"My smile can hide a thousand doubts. Maybe even yours."

0 reactions to this post: