THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

2009-07-18

some love no sex just magic whoo

I've made it a routine to go "berjalan-jalan" with my sister every friday afternoon. (although we've only succeed just once). SO, last Thursday I sent her a message reminding her. A while later, she replied.

plit plit, plit plit (this is not my real sms tone)
Esok kitorang nak g tgk heri pote. Ada one seat kosong. Nak?

Ah, Harry Potter. Harryyyy Potterrrrrrrrrr. On a Friday afternoon. I didn't 'get' Harry Potter. I knew that it was a worldwide phenomenon or something like that, but I've never really learned to appreciate it. Well there's a first time for everything, I thought to myself. But that first time is not right now. So i declined politely. Then, she said,

"Alaa, Dira blanje tiket."

This changed everything. Combined with her constant "abang gi an?"s and "jomla gi"s, and the fact that I didn't have to pay for anything, it'd be stupid if I didn't go. Or so I thought. But I didn't say anything conclusive yet, just that I'd go if i had nothing else to do.

Friday morning passed uneventfully. Oh yeah something did happen, but that's another story. The only noteworthy event worth mentioning was Ceti "bisenging" about how I was going alone, and not even asking her if she wanted to come. Classes finally ended and as I was leaving UiTM alone, when my sis sent me another message.

"Ada kwn abg nak ikut tak? Hehe. Another empty seat."

Damn it she didn't fall for the 'if I didn't have other plans' escape. Of course she already knew I didn't have anything else to do, who doesn't?

Since she assumed that I was going, I had no other choice but to find someone else. Hmm, Meo was out for lunch and I didn't know if he had other plans for the day. So although Ceti wasn't serious about her offer, she was the first person that I could think of.

"Alaa, malu la ngan adik ko :P"

That left me back to square one. Haha, if I was in her shoes, I'd say no too. I had no one else to turn to, so I turned to the ever faithful NisaA. Being the ever faithful NisaA, she agreed.

So I called my sis to confirm that she did, infact, have 1 extra ticket. It turns out her friend had to bail out at the last minute because of a replacement class on Friday afternoon. Well who ever you are, my condolences to you. We've all been there, some much more frequently than others. Then, she said,

"Alaa, xde teksi lak"

It was common knowledge that there were next to no taxis at this time since most, if not all taxi drivers were male. So, being the awesome brother that I am, I picked her up and sent her to King's hill Jusco.

About an hour passed, and after the Friday prayer NisaA came and picked me up. We arrived at King's Hill and realized that it was just 2.30 and the movie started at 3.45. So we walked, walked, sat down, and walked some more. For an hour. Then we met up my sis and her motley crew and entered the cinema. After brief introductions "Name die Nisa" "Hai Nisa", NisaA thought she saw someone familiar. As soon as she muttered that person's name, that person turned around. Maryam. Of all the people, all the places bla bla bla... Of course, the first thing that came out of her mouth was,

"Korang berdue je ke?"
"Eh xla, tu my sis"

Who could guess that Maryam was a Harry Potter fan. This was just fanning the flames of my Harry Potter unenthusiasm. So I guessed another brief introduction was in order,

"Name die Maryam" "Hai Maryam"

Then I realized that Maryam had something that we didn't have. Drinks. And popcorn. So my sis went to buy some, and the movie started. Ooo such a mystical opening. So this is Harry Potter, I thought to myself. Then the movie started.

"Wei Nisa, aku xpaham"
"Aku pon"

Then I felt like I wanted to pee. But I decided to hold it in as not to miss and important plot events (not that I could tell if they were important or not), so then the movie ended. Oh false alarm. 2 hours passed, and I was bored to death. Trying not to fall asleep, while making sure that NisaA didn't fall asleep, while "menahan kencing" felt easy compared to the challenge of trying to understand the Movie that was Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince.

The movie finally ended, and I left with a headache. It'd been such a long time since I came here, I forgot that the air condition was unforgiving. So I sent my sis back, had dinner and slept for 14 hours.

My feelings towards Harry Potter haven't changed. I did learn a few things, however:
- magic cupboards can eat apples.
- Dumbledore's beard is very long
- Wizards and witches have never gone to the dentist

A scene in the movie did make me scream like a little girl, so it wasn't a total loss.
My sister's parting words,

"minggu depan nak gi tengok ape lak"

They say that it's not the where or the what that matters, it's who you do it with. Well, if I was watching Harry Potter with Emma Watson, I guess I could learn to enjoy it...

3 reactions to this post:

Lyna said...

sape ceti ...
mesti comel orgnye ... hahaha

Huril 'Ain said...

lol la. kau tak pernah tengok the first 5 movies ke?

chingso.

cik penguin said...

i feel insulted. haha :P